CDP commends Nissan’s leadership in water security and climate changeDec 16th, 2022
YOKOHAMA, Japan – Nissan Motor Co., Ltd. has again been recognized for its leadership in corporate sustainability by CDP, a global environmental NGO. Nissan’s efforts to protect water security have earned it a place on CDP’s prestigious A List for four successive years. Nissan also received an A- listing for climate change, placing it at leadership level in the category for ten successive years.
CDP’s annual environmental disclosure and scoring process is widely recognized as the global gold standard for corporate environmental transparency. The nonprofit charity commended Nissan for:
- The Global-Environmental Management Committee and regional committees’ comprehensive management of climate change and water security challenges, including actions to address potential risks
- The executive compensation system, which is based on a climate change index
- The 2050 carbon neutral goal set for operations and the life cycle of Nissan products
- The EV36Zero electric vehicle hub, which is the world’s first EV manufacturing ecosystem
- Nissan’s CO2 reduction target for 2030, which is aligned with the Science Based Target initiative
- Identifying water related risks that could have an impact on Nissan’s business, based on climate change scenario analysis
- Water risk assessment at production sites worldwide
- Drainage water management standards that are stricter than regulations, and secure water quality control
Climate change and water scarcity are among the four key focus areas of the Nissan Green Program, Nissan’s midterm environmental plan, together with air quality and resource dependency. Nissan is committed to and focused on managing environmental risks and opportunities across its entire value chain.
Nissan CEO Makoto Uchida said: “We are very proud to again receive an A-listing in the water security category from CDP. Our employees have been consistently improving wastewater recycling efficiency and reducing water intake at our manufacturing sites. For our consistent efforts in the climate change category, we have again been recognized as a leader. Together with our supplier partners and other stakeholders, we will continue driving sustainability initiatives to build a cleaner, safer, and more inclusive world.”
Learn more about Nissan environmental activities: